POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Head test w/Wings3d : Head test w/Wings3d Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:31:16 EDT (-0400)
  Head test w/Wings3d
From: Smws
Date: 3 Oct 2006 19:30:01
Message: <web.4522f21babe691b3da53d9e40@news.povray.org>
After a couple of false starts, I have made my first decent head model in
Wings3d. Now I want to give it a good but simple texture. I have had
difficulty especially with the eyes. Right now they are modelled as one
piece, with a "bump" for the iris and lens and a hole for the pupil. I
think I will have to model a lens, is this what is usually done? I'm not
looking for photorealism, just sort of real-ish from 20 feet or something
:)

Will I have to resort to making a uv-map for the different flesh tones? Is
there a place I can find some to look at? I don't know how to remove
shadows from an image to get the diffuse pigment from a face.

I'm also at a loss on the "whites" of the eyes. They either look glowing or
plastic when I fiddle with the texture.

Also feedback about the modelling/proportions would be great.

If there's interest I can post the mesh for others to play around with, it
would be cc-attrib-share-alike.

-Stefan

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: